Welcome back to the Center for Art in Wood! We have missed you! Please click the drop-down arrow for more information.
Welcome back to the Center for Art in Wood! We have missed you!
We have made every effort to ensure a safe, enjoyable visit to the Center’s exhibition gallery, collection, and store. In order to do this, we have established some safety protocols that, closely followed, will protect you and the Center’s staff.
These are the safeguards that are in place:
- The Center is operating on a limited, public hours schedule and the hours are listed at the bottom of the website.
- Maximum of 15 visitors in the Center at one time.
- Mandatory wearing of masks for staff and visitors.
- Plexiglas screen at front register and workstation in gallery, limiting exposure to/from staff and visitors.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the Center.
- Visiting the permanent collection area is limited to members of one household at a time.
- In order to limit the risk of virus spread and exposure, the Center’s restrooms are closed (until further notice).
Additionally, any staff members who report feeling ill are required to quarantine and shelter in place at home. We recommend and require that patrons do the same in order to ensure the safety of everyone.
Whether near or far, you can always visit the Center at theWoodShed.org! Both this micro-site and our main website are constantly updated, hosting live talks, studio tours, demonstrations, and much more, on an ongoing basis.
And the best handmade objects, jewelry, art, and books are always a couple of clicks away at the Center’s online store! https://museumforartinwood.org/store/
We continue to adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Philadelphia municipality. Please keep in mind that most of the restrictions are temporary and we hope to gradually provide more access as circumstances and best practices permit. The Center will continue to provide updates via its website, social media channels, and email correspondence.
We wish you continued good health and we look forward to reconnecting at the Center and/or connecting online.
Be safe and well. We hope to see you soon!
Questions or concerns about these safeguards? Email us at [email protected] (and please allow us at least one business day to get back to you!).